i. The promoter is Duck Dash Pty Ltd and the competition is “Duck Dash 2016”, part of “Quackfest 2016”
ii. Entry is only open to all who are not employees of Duck Dash Pty Ltd. or Rasobi Pty Ltd TA Silos Estate, or immediate family members of either employer.
iii. There is no limit on entries.
iv. The prizes will be awarded in a single draw.
- This competition, “Duck Dash 2016” is conducted by Duck Dash Pty Ltd, ABN 19 600 931 566, of 21 Moss Street, Nowra N.S.W. 2540.
- Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions.
- The Competition is only open to “Eligible Entrants”, being individuals who:
- Are residents of Australia or
- Where they are not residents of Australia, are responsible for all costs (direct and indirect) associated with the transfer of the prize to their chosen location
iii. Are not employees of the Promoter or any of its Board and
- are not a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee or Board member residing under the same roof.
- Competition entry commences 14 August 2016 and closes on 1:00pm 18 September 2016 (“Entry Period”) unless sold out prior. All times and dates are times and dates in Nowra, NSW.
ENTRY TO COMPETITION
- Entry can be made by internet or from a ticket seller:
- To enter by internet an entrant must use a compatible browser to visit quackfest.com.au and follow the directions there. The entrant must complete an electronic entry form and provide all details requested on the form, including first and last names, postal address and e-mail address, duck selection and payment advice.
- Entries can be purchased from authorised ticket sellers who will follow the process outlined in 5i.
iii. All entries will receive a corresponding “Duck Dash Certificate” (ticket). The number on the ticket will correspond with the number on a race duck.
- All entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- All entries to the Competition may be subject to verification by the Promoter. An entrant MUST, within 7 days of being asked, at the Promoter’s cost allow the Promoter to inspect and copy any documents the Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter or win.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid if the entrant:
- fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Competition to the Promoter’s satisfaction; or
- fails to produce items as required by condition 7 or produces items that are illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; or
iii. tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; or
- submits an entry which in the Promoter’s opinion is not in accordance with these conditions.
- Any costs associated with accessing the Competition Website are the responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent on the internet service provider used.
RACE AND PRIZE
- The race will be held at approx 2.30pm / 3.00pm (depending on tidal conditions) on 18 September 2015 at Shoalhaven River, Nowra.
- The Eligible Entrant whose numbered duck:
- is the first to cross the finish line will win a Volkswagen Polo, supplied by Kinghorn Ford, Nowra.
- is the second to cross the finish line will win $2000 of Gift Vouchers supplied by Stockland
iii. is the third to cross the finish line will win a $1000 of Gift Vouchers supplied by My Travel Experts
- is the fourth to cross the finish line will win a $750 Bank Account supplied by Bendigo Bank, Nowra
- is the fifth to cross the finish line will win a $250 Bank Account supplied by Bendigo Bank, Nowra
- is every 1000th ducks (chosen at random) will win a $100 gift basket supplied by Silos Estate, Berry
vii. Accessories and other incidental costs associated with the car (such as transport to the winners address) or incidental costs associated with the holiday (e.g. transport to and from departure point) are not included. No discounts apply and none of the prizes are transferrable in cash.
viii. The total prize pool (comprising the above prizes and ix as well as the Auctions x and xi) is $32,200.
- is one of the first 5 school ducks will win a $300 tablet and printer package for their school supplied by RubraTec, Nowra).
- The winner of the Auction to ‘Start the Race’ will win the right to start the Quackfest Waddle and Duck Dash 2016 race, as well as dinner for 10 catered by Duck Duck Goose along with wines from Silos Estate & Wileys Creek (winners must be over 18 years of age, the prize is to be taken at an agreed premises within 20 kilometers of Berry and based on the chefs selection, ineligible to be used on a Saturday (Sept to April only), includes a wait person and prize is subject to availability) and is valued at $1,500.
- The winner of the Auction for ‘Duck No. 1’ will lead off Quackfest Waddle and the right to the numbered duck 1 in Duck Dash, as well as dinner for 10 at Hungry Duck, Berry along with wines from Silos Estate & Wileys Creek (winners must be over 18 years of age, and prize is subject to availability) and is valued at $1,500.
- The Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, declare the first sold duck to cross the line invalid if the Promoter fails to establish a perfect match between the number on the sold duck and the matching ticket, or the winning ticket is illegible or incomplete. In these circumstances the 2nd sold duck over the line will be the winner. The Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, declare the second sold duck to cross the line invalid if the Promoter fails to establish a perfect match between the number on the sold duck and the matching ticket, or the winning ticket is illegible or incomplete. In these circumstances the 3rd sold duck over the line will be the winner. And if this is declared ineligible the next sold duck over the line will be the winner and so on until a clear and correct winner is established.
- All prizes are valued as at 20 August 2015. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variations in prize value.
- If any prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods of no lesser retail value and/or specification, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for the conduct of the Competition. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if the prize is unavailable for any reason.
- 1st through to 5th prize winners will be notified by phone (if the phone number was submitted by contestant). All winners will also be notified in writing which will be sent:
- by e-mail to the e-mail address indicated in the entry.
- The notification may include instructions as to how the winner is to claim the prize and establish his/her entitlement to it.
- The name of all winners will be published in the South Coast Register in the week following the completion of the Shoalhaven Duck Dash.
- The names of the prize winners will also be published at quackfest.com.au within 7 days of the prize being won for a period of at least 1 month.
- Subject, where relevant, to any directions given under the legislation regulating the Competition, if any prize is not claimed by a winner within 3 months of the draw; or forfeited for any reason, the prize will be awarded to the second eligible sold duck to cross the finish line.
- In order to be entitled to the prize, the winner must, if requested by the Promoter, agree to and sign: an eligibility form confirming their compliance with the conditions and eligibility to accept the prize; and a liability release in favour of the Promoter and/or any person or other entity associated with this Competition. A winner who does not comply with this condition forfeits their prize.
- If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for its conduct.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
- any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise,
- any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications;
iii. any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, WHETHER OR NOT THAT ATTEMPT RESULTS IN ANY SUCH DAMAGE, INTERFERENCE OR UNDERMINING.
- All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred as a result of an entrant participating in the Competition. Entrants should obtain independent tax and financial advice.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the “Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or the prize, including:
- any indirect, economic or consequential loss;
- any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party;
iii. any liability for personal injury or death.
- The winner consents to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter’s products.
- Entrants personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to administer the Competition and publicise its winner(s). The personal information of the winner may be provided to others assisting in the conduct of the Competition, including the Competition administrator, prize suppliers and deliverers, and to regulatory authorities. Persons may contact the Promoter by post at the address 21 Moss Street, Nowra or by visiting the website quackfest.com.au to request access to, or corrections of, any of their collected personal information that is held by the Promoter. If an entrant does not provide accurate personal information the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win a prize.